Motor traders: External

When your motor stock isn’t on your premises... The king’s got you covered

In a nutshell

As your motor trading business grows, the risk of loss of, or damage to, your stock increases every time your motors leave the safety of your premises. That’s why we offer cover for the loss of, or damage to, motors that form part of your stock, in any location away from your business premises.

Please note: Under this section the king covers all kinds of vehicles:

  • Motorcycles.
  • Scooters.
  • Light commercial vehicles.
  • Medium commercial vehicles.
  • Heavy commercial vehicles.
  • Mobile, mechanically-propelled plants, buses, trailers, and caravans.

  • Loss of, or damage to, any insured motor as noted on your policy schedule and its accessories or spare parts… If it occurs elsewhere than any of your business premises.
  • Securing and removal to nearest repairers.
  • Cost of delivery to you after repairs.
  • Liability to others: Accidental damage, death, or injury to third parties (caused by, or through connection with any motor noted on your policy schedule) occurring elsewhere than any premises owned or occupied by you.
  • Limited cover is also available: Deletion of a passenger; exclusion of own vehicles; exclusion of demonstration risks; third party only cover; third party fire and theft cover only.
  • Car hire.
  • Credit shortfall.
  • Legal liability of passengers for acts of negligence.
  • Loss of keys, sound equipment, parts and accessories.
  • Loss of use of clients' vehicles.
  • Riots and strikes.
  • Unauthorised use by employees.
  • Use for social, domestic and pleasure purposes.
  • Vehicles sold on your behalf.